Practise different skills with your course book: NEW ENGLISH FILE Elementary
- ADJECTIVES: adjectives / adjectives (comparatives and superlatives)
- ANIMALS: / animals 2 / animals 3 / animals 4 / animals 5 / animals 6
- CLOTHING: clothing 1 / clothing 2 / clothing 3 / clothes and accesories
- COUNTRIES AND NACIONALITIES: countries and nacionalities
- FOOD: food vocabulary
- FURNITURE AND HOME APPLIANCES: furniture 1 / furniture 2 / furniture and things in the house / home appliances 1 / home appliances 2 / in the kitchen
- MIXED NOUNS: mixed nouns
- JOBS: find the jobs
- MONTHS OF THE YEAR: a quiz on months
- COLOURS: colours
- PARTS OF THE BODY: body parts 1 / body parts 2
- OPPOSITES: opposites
- TOOLS: tools
- VERBS: a quiz on verbs / forming gerunds / irregular verbs 1 / irregular verbs 2 / irregular verbs 3 / irregular verbs 4 / irregular verbs 5 / irregular verbs 6 / irregular verbs crossword
- ADVERBS OF FREQUENCY: adverbs of frequency 1 / adverbs of frequency 2
- THE ARTICLE: article 1 / article 2 / article 3 / article 4
- COUNTABLE AND UNCOUNTABLE: identifying contable vs uncountable
- IT VS THERE it vd there 1 / it vs there 2 / it vs there 3 / it vs there 4
- PAST SIMPLE: forming the past simple / negative sentences / past simple crossword
- PRESENT SIMPLE: forming the present simple / present simple, complete the story / present simple negative / short answers / does - is - has? / yes/no questions / yes/no answers
- PRESENT CONTINUOUS: present continuous / negatives in the present continuous / questions in the present continuous
- PRESENT SIMPLE OR CONTINUOUS: oresent simple or continuous? / present simple vs present continuous / present simple or continuous, questions
- PRESENT SIMPLE VS PAST SIMPLE: present simple or past simple?
- PLURAL FORMS: what's the plural? / Plural of nouns 1 / plural of nouns 2 / irregular plurals 1 / irregular plurals 2
- POSSESSIVE ADJECTIVE AND PRONOUNS: possessive adjectives / pronouns and possessive adjectives / using possessive pronouns / possessive pronouns and adjectives 1 / possessive pronouns and adjectives 2 / complete the story: The Mysterious Volkswagen
- QUIZZES: quiz 1 / quiz 2 ; quiz 3
- SOME AND ANY: some and any
- VERB TO BE: present to be / to be past or present?
- A special Christmas Present: A special Christmas present 1 / A special Christmas present 2 / A special Christmas present 3
- Button and Snowball button and Snowball 1 / button and Snowball 2 / button and Snowball 3
- Mr Smith's house Mr Smith's house 1 / Mr Smith's house 2
Practise using your course book online: OUP NEW ENGLISH FILE Pre-intermediate
- ADJECTIVES & ADVERBS: a quiz
- FURNITURE: furniture 1 / furniture 2
- GAMES: hangman - countries and capitals / confusing verbs
- HOME APPLIANCES: home appliances 1 / home appliances 2
- IRREGULAR VERBS: irregular verbs 1 / irregular verbs 2 / irregular verbs 3 / irregular verbs 4 / irregular verbs 5 / irregular verbs 6 / irregular verbs 7 / irregular verbs 8 / partipliples
- KITCHEN UTENSILS: in the kitchen 1 / in the kitchen 2
- OPPOSITES: opposites 1 / opposites 2
- SCHOOL AND OFFICE: school and office 1 / school and office 2
- FORMING THE GERUND: gerunds 1
- ADJECTIVE OR ADVERB: adverbs
- ARTICLE: using the article
- COMPARISION: complete the rules / comparatives / comparatives and superlatives / regular comparatives and superlatives
- CONJUNCTIONS: coordinating / subordinating
- COUNTABLE-UNCOUNTABLE: countable or uncountable? / count or non-count noun? / identify countable and uncountable nouns / some or a? / some or any? / much many little few?
- GAMES: english file games
- MAKING QUESTIONS: make questions 1 / make questions 2 / make questions 3 / make questions 4 / make questions 5 / make questions 6 / make questions 7 / make questions in the past / wh- questions in the past simple / question words
- POSSESSIVE PRONOUNS AND ADJECTIVES: possessive adjectives / exercise 1 / exercise 2
- PREPOSITIONS: at, in, on / mixed prepositions
- PRONOUNS: exercise 1
- TIME CLAUSES: complete the sentences
- USING COMMAS: learn to use commas / add a comma to the sentences
- VERB TENSES: choose the correct form of the verb / learning different verb tenses / present simple or present ocntinuous? 1 / present simple or continuous? 2 / past simple / past simple or past continuous? / forming the present perfect / present perfect / present perfect 1 / present perfect 2 / making questions in the present perfect / past simple or present perfect? 1 / past simple or present perfect 2 / present perfect or past simple 3 / past simple or present perfect? 4 / present perfect: for or since?
Practise with your course book online: New English File Intermediate, OUP
- ADJECTIVES: basic adjectives I / basic adjectives II / using relative pronouns
- ADVERBS: adverbs I / adverbs 2 / adverb Clauses
- ANIMALS: exercises
- CONJUNCTIONS. LINKING WORDS: although / basic subordinating conjunctions 1 / basic subordinating conjunctions 2 / conjunctions: contrast
- MAKE vs DO: exercise 1 / exercise 2 / exercise 3 / exercise 4 / exercise 5
- PHRASAL VERBS: 66 essential phrasal verbs / phrasal verbs 1 / phrasal verbs 2 / phrasal verbs 3
- PREFIXES: working with prefixes to make antonyms
- PREPOSITIONAL PHRASES: prepositional phrase reference
Fill In The Gaps
- Exploration - Why in the world?
- Malaria in Canada
- The paper-eater
- The Weather Report
- The World's First Package Tour
- THE ARTICLE: grammar rules / practise
- COMPARATIVES AND SUPERLATIVES: complete the rules / practise
- EASY: Adolescence / Being different is OK / Bill Gates / Cars / Dementia / English for business / Fast Food Facts; Sleeping Beauty / Sound on the underground
- MEDIUM: Choose from a long list! / The Venus Fly Trap / Wild Children
- DIFFICULT: Pulp Fiction / The Blue Room
- ADJECTIVES: practise adjectives online
- PHRASAL VERBS: list of phrasal verbs / phrasal verbs 1 / phrasal verbs 2 / phrasal verbs 3
- The article: grammar rules / practice
- Conditionals: mixed types 1
- Gerund and infinitive: gerund or infinitive?
- Indirect speech: indirect speech, statements / indirect speech, time / indirect speech, questions 1 / questions 2
- Modal verbs: can-could-may
- Prepositions: time-place-movement / adjectives & verbs + prepositions 1 / adjectives & verbs + prepositions 2 / adjectives & verbs + prepositions 3 / adjectives & verbs + prepositions 4 / adjectives & verbs + prepositions 5 / adjectives & verbs + prepositions 6 / adjectives & verbs + prepositions 7
- Question Tags: QT 1 / QT 2 / QT 3 / QT 4 / QT 5 / QT 6
- So and neither: and so...
- Verb Tenses: past simple-past continuous / past simple-present perfect 2 / for and since / present simple-present continuous / present simple-sontinuous, Rosie's family / mixed tenses, John's life / mixed tenses, things people do / mixed tenses 3 / mixed tenses 4 / mixed tenses 5 / mixed tenses 6 / assoted questions 1 / assorted questions 2 / assorted questions 3 / assorted questions 4
AVANÇAT 2 & C1
- A bunch of questions
- Assorted expresions
- Idioms: Idioms 1 ; Idioms 2 ; Other links (a very interesting site with lots of links); idiomatic phrasal verbs
- Newspapers headlines: newspapers headlines 1 / headlines jig / headlines 2
- Phrasal verbs: phrasal verbs, emotions / phrasal verbs, food and drink / phrasal verbs, illness / phrasal verbs, speaking / phrasal verbs, thinking / phrasal verbs, travel
- Verb tenses: Brief History of Vancouver
- Adjectives & verbs + prepositions: adjectives & verbs + prepositions 1 / adjectives & verbs + prepositions 2 / adjectives & verbs + prepositions 3 / adjectives & verbs + prepositions 4 / adjectives & verbs + prepositions 5 ; adjectives & verbs + prepositions 6 / adjectives & verbs + prepositions 7
Final Exam practice
TOTS ELS NIVELLS
Useful websites for everybody!
http://esl.about.com: the menu on the left side of the page gives you lots of choices: reading, grammar, vocabulary, writing and exam practice.
www.esl-lounge.com/student/index.php: 1000 pages of grammar, mp3 listening, vocabulary and reading interactive exercises. Includes a full phrasal verbs section with definitions, examples and tests.
www.english-at-home.com: learn English grammar, vocabulary, verbs and speaking with ESL games, an English newsletter and more.
www.eslcafe.com: e-mail links, chat room, grammar quizzes, idiom page, phrasal verb page, quotes, grammar hints page, quizzes... One of the busiest efl/esl sites on the Internet.
www.englishforum.com/00/interactive: lots of interactive English exercises: idioms, phrasal verbs, fixed expressions, slang...
http://english-zone.com/index.php: help with grammar, vocabulary, reading, listening, writing and spelling.
www.eslgold.com/index.html: exercises to practise speaking, listening, reading, writing and pronunciation. Also some help with the official exams.
www.edufind.com/english/grammar/index.cfm: lots of information about English grammar, plus some tests and practice activities.
www.oup.com/elt/global/products/practicegrammar: check your level, then do some practice exercises.
www.oup.com/elt/global/products/inenglish: extra practice in grammar, vocabulary and listening for A0 to A2 students.
www.oup.com/elt/global/products/naturalgrammar: study the keywords of English and how they work (B1-C1)
www.1-language.com/englishcourse/index.htm: a free English course covering many grammar points from A0-A2.
www.worldwidewords.org/index.htm: articles about vocabulary and phrases for advanced students.
http://wordsmith.org/awad/index.html: learn a new word every day, and listen to it to get the right pronunciation (advanced).
www.spelling.hemscott.net: advice and worksheets to help you with your spelling.
www.esl-lab.com: listen to conversations, do a quiz or practice academic listening.
www.elllo.org: site where you can choose what accent and topic you want to listen to. You can also click on words you don't understand and get explanations.
www.eslradioandtv.com: listen to English teachers and students in radio and tv programmes.
www.talkenglish.com/default.aspx: improve your speaking by practising lots of diferent conversation skills.
www.longman.com/dictionaries/students: you have to register to use this, but it is free. You can do lots of different activities including exam practice.
www.uefap.com/accuracy/accfram.htm: a guide to accuracy in academic English, helpful advice and exercises.
http://elc.polyu.edu.hk/cill.eap: lots of help with academic English: writing, listening, giving presentations, vocabulary. With videos to watch too.
www.englishclub.com: lots of information and help for English language learners.
www.manythings.org: thousands of quizzes, tests, exercises and puzzles to help you learn English.
www.britishcouncil.org/central.htm: articles to read and listen to, different weekly topics and lots of grammar and vocabulary exercises.
http://a4esl.org: grammar and vocabulary activities, crosswords and some quizzes from other languages to English too!
www.englishpage.com/index.html: for B2-C1 students. Grammar and vocabulary exercises, and also links to lots of reading and listening material.
www.zozanga.com: site with various games and activities, mainly grammar based. there is an ‘ask an expert’ section, where people ask questions about aspects of language and these are clearly answered.
www.englishlearner.com/tests/test.html: tests and activities for beginner – advanced students.
www.cambridge.org/elt/vip: try some vocabulary practice activities (A0-A1)